“I’ve never heard you before, only your cds. You sound better than on your cds”
-Shane to me
“I have a songwriting challenge for you”
-Pastor of church before telling me a story about healing and the voice of God.
“She needs to hold her head up more. She needs to believe it.”
-Dorothy from the radio station, speaking about me
“You need to enjoy this time while you have it, you’ll never have it again”
-Me to Beth about living w/ her family
So many words said in a day
Some cling to our bones, some clamor away
What does it mean to open a wound
And find it is empty, believing
I could collapse, I could stand up and mend
Or look for the hope in a stranger or friend
Up, up for air, it was breathing in dust
This is bitterness standing and leaving
Here in the air are the words that you spoke
The ones that are copper, the ones that are smoke
And I am reminded to let down my shoulders
In the shelter of whom I am cleaving
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment